Assuming Tumblr uploads this right: Here’s a little sneak-preview of the LMR animated update.
Normally it doesn’t loop, this is just a 4-second segment.
That’s why it doesn’t smoothly transition.
It also goes slower than this. I sped it up to reduce the file size so it’d fit on Tumblr.
It’s also 70% bigger than this and fits in 1080p YouTube boxes.
SO. This is a bit of a sneaky preview to show you guys how it’s gonna look. Little poorly looping gif of Rarity doing some sewing (and a bit stressed out by it) before she got her scars from Opal.
(I’m workin’ on it!)
So how ‘bout that Animated LMR Update?
I haven’t had a real chance to sit down and work on it for some time.
So, I’m gonna work on it some more for the next few days.
It’d be super nice to get that finished, seeing as I got the whole storyboard sitting there like “Yo, dog, when y’gonna animate all this?”
I’ll give updates every 25% of it I finish (Every 11 Segments [There’s 44 Segments total]).
See you guys when I get 11 done!
(Just letting you guys know, the animated update is being worked on full-force right now. Stay tuned to my mod-blog for more updates as it nears completion)
At least he stopped that annoying “thou thou thou” language.
Anyway. Let’s get this show on the road, shall we, kiddies?
Only a couple minutes left for this world.
Hello, fans of Lil Miss Rarity!
It’s Jay, the writer/artist behind the LMR universe.
It’s been two years since Lil Miss Rarity’s conception in October of 2011, and there’s been one question that’s shown up in the ask box more times than any other.
"Do you still make dresses?"
And thus, I’ve decided to run a contest.
In 3 more LMR updates, we’ll be hitting the glorious 100th Lil Miss Rarity update, and that’ll kick off a lovely animated update that I’ve been working on for the past 2 months.
It’s not gonna be the best thing ever made, but whatever, I’m not the best animator.
In the animated update, Lil Miss Rarity is going to see a dress, that will inspire her to create her own.
What will the dress look like? That’s where you guys come in!
- In the same style of contest that lead to LMR’s heart-shaped brand (Design submitted by Anonymous), and the Rite of Blood and Bone (Multiple winners), this contest will allow you, the fans, to design a dress that will become Lil Miss Rarity’s signature outfit.
- Simply draw a dress! It doesn’t have to be -on- LMR, I’m not begging for fan-art here. Draw up a dress, and submit your design to Jay’s Submit Box. Alternatively, just draw up a -piece- of a full outfit! A collar, some cuffs, a scarf, a corset, some stockings. You decide how much you want to submit!
— Make sure you select “Photo” when submitting or your submission won’t go through!
- Jay, Jitterbugjive, and various others will look at the designs, and will pick and choose different pieces of them to ultimately create a perfect outfit for LMR.
- In the animated update (Update 100), the dress will be showcased, and the winners of the contest will be announced!
— Yes, there will be multiple winners! The dress will ultimately borrow design-pieces from different contestants to create the ultimate dress.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be whoever influenced the final design the most, and whoever the judges decide created the most awesome outfit.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive a full-digital two-character commission involving Lil Miss Rarity and any character or OC of their choice doing whatever the hell they want, drawn by yours truly, the Jay. Fun stuff, eh?
- The deadline is 3 updates from now! And due to Jay wanting this contest to be -relatively- short (as in, not 3 months long), Jay’s going to be updating LMR much MUCH more frequently, and then going full force on the animated update. So there might not be much time!
- Oh and also: Yes, you can submit as many designs as you want.
- Have fun, my little darlings! :D
— Reblogging this post will help advertise it. :D
(October 4th, 2011, LMR was born!)
(*insert partyblower here*)
(If there isn’t an update today, there’ll be one tomorrow. I stayed up all night streaming and now I need sleep!)
(~Jay, the LMR Mod)